View Single Post
I'm not familiar enough with Galaxy but what if you bought a Galaxy and subscribed to the tethering plan to make it a mobile wifi hotspot? Then just use your iPhone as an OmniFocus device by connecting to the wifi hotspot?

Or maybe get a MiFi mobile hotspot and use your iPhone through the MiFi?

Even if you did get an unlimited data plan, you might have to read the fine print that allows the provider to throttle your bandwidth if you've reached a certain data cap.

Yes, I know you might say that you don't want to carry one more device. But that's a small tradeoff if you save more by getting a Galaxy and disconnect your iPhone's data plan.

Regarding the touchy subject of Apple politics: I think you'll find that same attitude in a lot of software companies.

A lot of people were happy with Windows XP and didn't want Vista, Win7, or even Win8 shoved down their throats. The new tiled interface is turning off a sizable portion of the Windows users because they don't want a dumbed down interface and are happy with the old and familiar Windows Explorer. WinXP is fine enough for a lot of people but Microsoft has officially suspended tech support for WinXP. That's Microsoft "politics."

Google and Facebook are ticking people off with all sorts of privacy issues. We're discovering new ways that Google and Facebook are trapping us into their ecosystem. That's Google "politics" and Facebook "politics."

Apple is turning the world upside with the new 9-pin dock connector, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, the Final Cut Pro X fiasco, and now the iOS 6 Maps debacle. So politics is not reserved for Apple only.

I don't think that this is an issue that is unique to Apple. I just can't subscribe to an Android because I'm not sure whether I can upgrade to the latest Android Jellybean OS. I've heard that some Android phones will not be updated from their current Android OS to Jellybean. The manufacturer is suggesting that you just buy one of their newer models.

Even if you were to go to the Android side, you still wouldn't be safe from politics. You will never know when a company like Microsoft, Google, or Apple will change directions and leave people hanging.

I know that I've bought enough iOS apps that I will be staying with the iOS ecosystem. I just don't want to buy my apps all over again on the Android side.

If your iPhone 2-year contract is up, couldn't you switch over to another phone/data plan?

Otherwise, you did know what you were getting into before signing up for that 2 year contract?

Yeah, $2,000 is a lot of money that I would like to spend elsewhere. But if that $2,000 will help me make ten times the amount, I think it's a worthwhile expense.