View Single Post
I just read an interesting blog post about browsing the web as a tree instead of the linear way browsers represent their history:

http://www.jacobsheehy.com/technolog...b-with-a-tree/

It's much easier to just read his poignant explanation than for me to explain it myself. This makes a ton of sense to me and I've often browsed for awhile, gone back to the root of the tree then gone down another branch and missed the sites I had found on the first branch I had traversed. I could go back through my history, but it's much more of a pain.

I therefore suggest a novel interface for OmniWeb that takes the ideas set forth in that post and takes it to a new level. It would be amazingly helpful to me if you were able to take the already great OmniWeb thumbnails used in the tabs and maintain a tree view of the browsing history. Then someone could simply hit a "Tree View" button and see all of the sites they've visited laid out using the thumbnails in the main browser window. It would be extremely easy for users to spot and navigate to site B as described in the blog article. This would also make traversal of the linear history simpler if OmniWeb cached all thumbnails of the recently viewed sites.

This is one of the ways that OmniWeb could stay ahead of the competition and offer something that would be more of an incentive to use your great browser over the free alternatives.