View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredH
Do you ever run into problems where all your content won't fit on a slide and it cuts off when exporting? I guess you can just go back and compare your slides to your outline in OO, but I'm wondering if it may be better to compose in Keynote for that reason (as you said, maybe not if you need it for other purposes).

Of course, I shouldn't be trying to cram too much text onto one slide, but in some cases you might be going slightly over. Doing it in Keynote might save some work in getting your slides ready, but I do like having the whole outline to work with in OO.
Yes, sometimes. What I do is put the cursor at a suitable point, do a <shift-cmd-downarrow> to highlight to the end of the overflow, cut that, insert a new slide after the current one and then paste the text into that, which will have the same master as the one above it. Type the title in again if necessary.
You're right, one shouldn't be cramming too much in ... but if you are putting up a quote from some source, for instance, it can go a bit over. If it's only a little over, I'll try reducing the size of the text on that slide by a point.
Mark