View Single Post
I'll second Amber on these things (except I like drawers and palettes).

I've never had a problem adding things -- I go where I want something, hit Return, and get an empty line to fill in. In fact, I've only used Quick Entry to try it out. I also rarely use Inbox ... because I know which Project / Task Group my new item fits in.

But I have a more philosophic comment here.

No software application is going to work for everyone. The developers have a specific logic pattern in mind, and the app will work best for those who think the same way as the developers. [Which is why I always preferred Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel. Excel never made sense to me.]

I hear many people complaining that OmniFocus "isn't as good" as a competing app. I don't thin it's because OF isn't good, but because the user's thought structure more closely matches that of the iGTD, or ThinkingRock, or ??? developers. I've tried those programs, and they didn't work for me. But they may work well for someone else.

So, to be blunt, if you don't like the flow of OF, don't use it! Use something else that matches your style. OF matches my style, so I'll keep using it.

And finally, remember this is alpha software, missing major features, polished UI, and is buggy. We're seeing what OF will be, and shouldn't focus on what it is now -- except for feedback. Read the list of upcoming features. If you require one of them, don't complain if OF isn't working now.

--Liz