View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricot View Post
I also sync over wifi. And it always takes more than 30 seconds, most of the time around 100. (I have now ca. 600 actions.)

Those are the times for mydisk.se. When I was using swissdisk.com it took even longer. When I synced after just having synced it would still take about 45 seconds. (The progress bar would appear after 30 seconds--directly to full progress. So I guess there were some difficulties connecting to the server.)

But as I understand it, the WebDAV server is not the issue here, since some MobileMe users expirience this "bug" and others don't. (Is there only one port over which you can conntect to the MobileMe WebDAV server?)
I would hesitate to draw any conclusions about whether the server is part of the problem without seeing a timestamped transaction log (such as you can get with the File Manager debug mentioned earlier). Some people could be experiencing slow syncing because of a slow-to-respond WebDAV server (there's a lot of back and forth chatter between client and server), others might be seeing reasonable performance on the interaction with the server, but then a very long time spent processing the data due to the bug Ken mentioned (or a perhaps yet undiscovered bug), some might be lucky enough to have a combination of problems, and we have the uncontrolled variables of database size/structure and iPhone/iPod and network performance. Without seeing where the time is being spent, there are too many moving parts here, and one could easily come to an erroneous but seemingly logical conclusion that simply delays the process of getting everyone's sync times to a reasonable value.