View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinarut View Post
ok - i'm back on the OmniFocus/iCal integration bandwagon and I must say, i am looking forward to a substantial evolution of this feature!

One of the great things about the reminders feed is there is no "sync phase" involved and events show up on iCal on my desktop which is really great! now what is a bit awkward is I have to sync to my iOS device to get the feed updated and put in a enh request that this feed work even when I'm only using my desktop

I highly disagree with this. I use a combination of 3 methodologies, Franklin-Covey, GTD and Mission Control. How calendar events would be useful is:
  1. Franklin-Covey - Stephen Covey refers to putting "big rocks" in your compass and creating time for "what matters to you most" in your calendar. All the other "unbound" actions are the "little rocks" that just fill in the gaps of your week.
  2. GTD - David Allen speaks of "day-specific next actions" I would love to see "all-day" events get generated in iCal as well
  3. Mission Control - I've been invited to schedule "accomplishments" and get related to how much time I *really* have available to me. I would be happy to have time-bound events just like I describe above in the first bullet for FC.

now as an added bonus, I would love to be able to move and adjust events on iCal and have that reflected back to OmniFocus. I let the developers know - what we really want is the best of both worlds - the two-way sync and the benefits of the calendar feed!

now if someone can invent a resource leveling mechanism to tell me what resources I need to accomplish "available tasks" any given day (esp those that are scheduled and time-bound), this would be a dream come true - keeping my fingers crossed :)

btw - thanks for sharing about upcoming improvements!
I have registered with OF forum for only one reason - to support the very strong comments on Calendar integration.

Our business life is structured around milestone meetings, deadlines, other events.

Without Calendar list of tasks is disconnected from reality.

Hope that OF team will soon appreciate this.

Without Calendar and Exchange this software is a tool for students and housewife.

I have to purchase Pocket Informant now.