View Single Post
Amen to the complaints on the new NYT site. Ever since OW adopted WebKit, however, I briefly see a "no styles", one column version before the page is completely loaded and the full hideous version appears.

I'm not .css savvy enough to know what's controlling the display, but could there be a site-specific setting that would suppress the ugly stylesheet and employ the less elegant, but much more readable, one-column version?

Here's my current workaround:

I copied this "print" bookmarklet to the start of my Favorites bar:

HTML Code:
javascript:(function(){function%20linkIsSafe(h){return(!/^mailto:/.exec(h)&&!/^javascript:/.exec(h));}%20var%20i,x,h;%20for(i=0;x=document.getElementsByTagName('a')[i];i++)%20{%20h=x.innerHTML.toLowerCase();%20if(h.indexOf('print')%3E-1%20&&%20h.indexOf('edition')==-1%20&&%20h.indexOf('subscri')==-1%20&&%20h.indexOf('reprint')==-1%20&&%20h.indexOf('text-only')==-1%20&&%20linkIsSafe(x.href))%20{%20x.focus();location=x.href;return;%20}}%20alert(%22Can't%20find%20link%20to%20printer%20friendly%20version.%22);})()
When I see an article worth reading then command-1 quickly displays a legible version.