View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Unless one's actions are truly uniform in duration, I find it hard to see how this is a big deal.
I'd like not to have to puzzle why a badge count is telling me I have 6 more steps to complete a project when in truth I really only have 3.

Quote:
This has a benefit — you can mark off that entire group as being done with a single tap. Not saying this is why the implementation came out the way it did, but it has its uses.
Granted ... however on a task list, that advantage can also lead to confusion (as noted by the author of this thread) and possible accidents (ooops ... I just checked off that entire group when I really was not finished with its last three actions).

A general iPod preference setting would help ... [ ] Show (Contained) Action Groups in Forecast View. The optional (Contained) term could distinguish "complete with last action" (contained) groups from their kin (open) groups. But then, this is splitting hairs ... just include a preference or toggle to show/hide Action Groups in Forecast View on the iPod.

Quote:
I agree that unchecking the project does not uncheck actions, but I was also unable to find a place where marking a project as complete caused uncompleted actions to be marked complete on iPad, iPod or Mac. Do you have an example?
I think we are saying the same thing here. I'll amend though to state that I would be happy if unchecking a group/project while holding a modifier would uncheck all of its contents. That would be a time saver.

Quote:
Can you name any feature for which that is not true? :-)
OK, that's true ...

--
JJW