View Single Post
Hey thanks, for the feedback. no, those settings don't do what i want. Basically I want to have one view that shows me ONLY tasks that are due today or prior to today, that are not completed. In other words, I don't want to see things that are due 2 days from now, or things that have no due date. I tried your suggestion due, due, available, any, all and that still shows me items due in the future and items with no due date.

I might have projects that have 6 sequential tasks in them, and let's say task #1 and task #2 have due dates (let's say 7/4/07) and tasks #3-5 do not, because I can't set a due date for them until the previous tasks have been accomplished. But task # 6 does have a due date, let's say 7/20/07. In my ideal scenario, I would be able to see in one perspective ALL the tasks in the project, complete or incomplete; in another perspective all the incomplete tasks whether or not they have a due date; and in a third, which I would use most often, ONLY tasks that are due on THAT DAY OR WERE DUE PRIOR TO THAT DAY that are INCOMPLETE.

So in my example, if I completed task #1 but not task #2 and on 7/5 I looked at my first perspective (ALL TASKS) I would see:
Task # 1 due 7/4 (completed)
Task # 2 due 7/4
Task #3-5 (no due date)
Task # 6 due 7/20/07

My second perspective (ONLY INCOMPLETE) would look like this:
Task #2 due 7/4
Task #3-5 (no due date)
Task #6 due 7/20/07

My third perspective (ONLY INCOMPLETE, DUE ON OR PRIOR TO TODAY, WITH DUE DATE ONLY) would give me:
Task #2 due 7/4

Does this make sense?