View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
omnifocus:///change-setting?ContextM...sParents=false seems like it ought to disable that, but I haven't had any success. I can get an acknowledgment that I'm changing the value, but behavior doesn't seem to change whether I set it to true or false. I'm also not 100% certain that it is expected to work in the flagged view, although I would agree that the default flagged view looks a lot like the Due perspective on the desktop (with grouping turned off) and that is a context mode view.

File those bug reports with Send Feedback... I don't recall seeing anything about these features in the release notes prior to it being shipped off to Apple for approval, so I didn't test any of it, and don't know if Curt or Dennis did either.
I filed this way back then. The email I got back said it was a feature request.

I don't know what omnifocus:///change-setting?ContextM...sParents=false is and don't know what to do with it. It sounded like this was wrapped up in the 1.8 desktop new features. So now that I see the sneaky peak and see the reason behind the 'include parents if there's nothing else available when you're filtering on available' update, I still don't see how this relates to my iphone issue.

I guess I just figured it out...iphone perspectives must override your chosen setting for available, etc. That make sense. Perspectives do on the desktop. That makes sense now. Will someone confirm that I'm right?

I guess now that custom perspectives are supported (in context mode) and the desktop and iphone are more aligned (given 1.6.1 and 1.8) I should be able to make a custom flagged perspective that doesn't include the grayed out actions and the project headings. I think I'll go try.