Thread: How to Trash
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
When you set the status to Dropped, the UI hides the project, context, or folder from you.

Maybe if you give us a slightly bigger picture of what you are trying to accomplish, one of us can make a suggestion that is more helpful than saying "yup, that's how it is supposed to work" :)
Right, I was not very precise. So here's the situation:

When I do my weekly reviews, I switch to the "Review" perspective that comes out of the box. This gives me a Project-based view, with "Name" and "Context" as the first two columns in the tasks list.

While I go through these, I sometimes come across thing for which I figure out that I will never do them. So, trying to follow along with David Allen's suggestions, I want to move these to "Trash".

I begin to understand that this is not what dropped contexts are for. They are rather meant for contexts that I will not be in again (like "On Campus" being dropped after graduation, right?).

So it seems I'll have to rephrase my question: is there a common or proposed way to Trash tasks and still keep this act of deliberate removal in the database (i.e. not hit "Del")?

Cheers,
Ben