View Single Post
Quote:
When a new build of OmniFocus starts up and sees that it's newer than the build that last touched your data, the first thing it does is run through your database and look for errors in all the data that's been added since your last update. (Or the last time you backed up.)

It sounds like it just had been a quite while since this process had been run on webalstrom's machine and it took us some time to validate the data. If this happens to you, don't force-quit the app; terminating the process early could actually introduce problems where there weren't any before.

webalstrom - could you explain what you meant by 'revert to backup didn't work' in your post?
Brian,

What you describe about taking some time sounds like what was happening to me. After letting OF run (and look like it was apparently frozen) while I went to lunch (crying into my soup the whole time ;-), I cam back and OF was working again with my data intact.

Before leaving it alone, I tried a lot of stuff, including trying File-->Revert to Database Backup. That is where I started getting some of the error message I showed in my original post. Not that I'm a programmer or really know what I'm talking about, but I assume reverting to a back up wasn't working because OF was reviewing the data file for errors.

All is well now, and I'm not sure if other people will experience this delay. But it might be a good idea to put up a warning about not force quitting OF when you open a newer version for the first time.

Eric