View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
No. I actually use Dropbox for computer to computer file sharing. I only use MobileMe for other sync services (calendar, address book, etc.), and so I don't have iDisk syncing enabled. I never found it terribly reliable. To be clear, however, I am using MobileMe for OmniFocus syncing, I just don't have iDisk sync enabled so I don't have iDisk mounted on my desktop or anything like that.
Okay, just wanted to make sure that the problems weren't the result of iDisk attempting to sync OmniFocus databases and making a mess of it (OmniFocus writes directly to the WebDAV server, so there's a race condition if you also have your Mac attempting to sync some potentially stale data).
Quote:
I am getting messages like "could not find iDisk" or something like that, and "500 error" or something like that. I don't get them every day, but they have been happening every few days or so. When I get the error, if I manually sync OmniFocus again, the sync works fine. Odd. I have not lost any data as a result, so it's really just an inconvenience more than anything.
And indeed, this sounds like a hiccup on the MobileMe server of some sort.

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have already synced with OSS before. There doesn't appear to be a way to remove old sync data from OSS, so how would I handle that issue as well when I move from MobileMe to OSS?
The instructions I supplied should work.

It is possible to remove the old sync data. In the Finder, use Go->Connect to Server... to connect to https://sync.omnigroup.com/<username>/ which will mount the directory, allowing you to go remove the OmniFocus.ofocus file. I've noticed that after a few hours, the Finder seems to get confused and thinks the file is an alias, and I need to eject the volume and mount it again if I want to do something like Show Package Contents on the OmniFocus database.