View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionado View Post
Hello folks,

first off sorry when my English isn't that good – i'm German :-)

I'd like to ask some of you how you'd set up your omnifocus to keep things going. It would be espeacially nice to hear / see concepts of usage by people who freelance and organize nearly everything via omnifocus.

I'm a student, and i work as a graphic design freelancer @ home.
I've got difficulties to establish a setup which makes it easy to have a permanent overview plus some problems with the GTD-system, espeacially when it comes to setting priorities when handling many tasks at once. Additionaly, i'm also facing a problem when deciding how to split up projects when planing them, because especially when it comes to the design process of cetrain things, many factors play a role and also may come in unplaned / unforeseen.

thanx for your answers!
I am also in free lance advertising and political consulting, and the latter moves at least as fast, if not faster, than graphics design when it gets down to insane deadline time.

You might consider this suggestion on days when the pace is crazy: get real good at using the quick entry to enter every new task the instant it comes to you. It takes only a few seconds. Then keep working as you normally do.

When you get a chance, go to the inbox (try to do so at least once a day) to check off the things already completed and make sure nothing fell through the cracks. Then process the remaining tasks into projects and contexts the way you would normally per Getting Things Done.

The point is to use OF to capture everything on the fly and at least spare yourself the worry and stress that some important task is likely to be missed, overlooked, or forgotten.