View Single Post
First of all, thanks for the detailed response. In terms of the toolbar, I did edit my original remarks on it after finding the configuration options under Preferences, and I did find the ability to move the tools to the other side of the divider.

The zoom control in the lower right is OK, but it's coarse and it doesn't center on the cursor position. I know that others have already griped about the non-use of cursor position when zooming, so I won't.

I know that other people have brought up the text-resizing issue, because I've seen many references to the cumbersome PDF workaround. Here's why it's such a huge issue: In many (or even most) cases, you don't know exactly how large a diagram is going to be. As it starts to sprawl, you may have to reduce its size. Or you might find it's not legible enough and size it up. Either way, you're selecting a bunch of objects and using the bounding box to resize them.

As you size down, text that no longer fits inside the shapes gets truncated. Then you have to screw around with text size until every shape's text fits again. Why? I had already laid out the text the way I wanted it, in relation to the shapes.

Thanks for inviting clarification on this.

Last edited by Stokestack; 2009-04-07 at 03:42 PM..