View Single Post
Oh, I'm not suggesting the Omni Group tackle it directly (unless they want to, I won't argue…), was just wondering if someone else had taken advantage of what I hear is OmniGraffle's excellent AppleScript abilities to use OG as the "diagram drawer" for a site-crawling AppleScript.

I happen to agree that going through alot of trouble to make that a core feature is a bit much. I'm just shocked, repeatedly, that there seems to be this void in web tools for this functionality. I was looking to see if anyone else had become more frustrated than me and taken care of it already.

I asked a web developer about the XML technique mentioned above, but he said more often than not, even the XML outputs from those need alot of work. As far as anyone I talk to knows, Visio is the only software that even attempts to crawl-n-draw (and after using it, it's obvious they tried a little *too* hard).

I'd pay money for software or a script if it worked like I needed it to. About *this* close to seeing if I can manage it myself. I'm already digging around to get ideas how to tackle this and see how far over my head it is… ;)

"It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife…" —Alanis Morissette