Thread: Printing notes
View Single Post
i put a lot of effort into typing notes and now i can find no way to get any of that information back out in a printout.

in fact, to add to the frustration, i had actually copied (manually) a bunch of info for a work breakdown that i originally had created in omnioutliner into omniproject, then edited it for a while, then went to print... only to discover this problem. ouch.

things i have tried:

in the omniplan print settings, select "outline only" and "print as displayed".

in the view settings, select "view"->"row text"->"always show full text".

i can see the notes on the screen just fine. i can not get them to print. i only see the first line followed by an ellipsis.

since i was rather desperate to find some way to get my data back out, i eventually tried exporting the data back to omnioutliner. then after what seemed like an eternity of style and preference changes, i was eventually able to get a printout that approximated what i was originally after.

so to summarize the essence of the bug here: printing of outlines and in notes in omniplan does not respect the settings related to printing of multi-line notes the same way omnioutliner does. as a result, it is not possible to see multi-line notes in your printout.