View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
1) review all projects, Misc single action lists, weekly routine lists in of each Monday then select/identify the 25- 35 tasks I want to complete or work on for the week and have a perspective/view of these 25 - 35.
You're using the iPad application, correct? Rather than a special perspective for this, I'd suggest using the built-in Forecast view.

While over-using Due Dates can get out of hand, if you're disciplined, there's nothing inherently wrong with assigning those actions you mentioned a due date that causes them to appear in Forecast view. That would effectively be your weekly list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
The next day unselect /"move back" any non complete items from the previos list, and select/identify 5-10 new items for next day. This gets repeated until Friday.
If this works for your workflow, then you could certainly do this from Forecast view, as well. Honestly, it sounds like a bit of busywork you can probably do without, though.

There's less overhead involved if you pick one due date you really can achieve and work towards that, even if it's farther out. It can be satisfying to spend time doing a lot of of day-to-day shuffling of task due dates, but in my experience that time can be spent more productively working towards some other goal.