View Single Post
Thanks so much, guess I'm trying out different ways to deal w/ things... now w/ start dates and trying not to flag too many things...

The way I've been working (and like but has a lot of limitations) is when reviewing projects and actions... say I have 200 spread across active and inactive projects... I'll go through and just flag the things I feel even vaguely that I'd like to put in the forefront, say 50-75 things. That of course is too many flags to be useful in flag view or in some perspectives which use flags. But I don't really want to put 50-75 arbitrary start dates because then that stresses me a bit, and depending on that arbitrary start date I may not see it again for too long, or it may pass under the radar if the date passes. I like the idea of just flagging to say, "this is something I'd like to keep on the radar"... the conflict is that I also want to sometimes say "this is something more important than the other things" So they're at odds in my usage.

But, If I have a start or due date, for say 20 of those things, then the flags can make more sense, cause I can only then flag those of the 20 that are really important, assured that the start/due date will keep it in the forecast. If no date and no flag, then I have to find it again by review which isn't always efficient.

But, If I do use start dates, then I lose my alarms and color codings and forecast numbers which can also be helpful. I've put for now repeating tasks on start instead of due, but I don't get my reminder that hey, it's time to go to the gym now/today. So what to do w/ the 50-75 to keep them on the radar w/o just creating a start date just to create one (eg. I may not want to say (yet) that i need to research something, but I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle of my projects or change their context from something useful, and I feel also putting an arbitrary date w/ the methods above will have me looking in the past for things I said I'd start but didn't-that stresses me more than simply flagging an item)... Flagging is also much easier/faster than setting a date, esp on the ipad.

If this was confusing, then it's an accurate reflection of my thinking at the moment. :)

Thanks again,

R