View Single Post
I've got an idea for a feature, I'd like to see what folks here think about it, possibly evolve it through discussion, and then submit it to OF.

One of the biggest problems in GTD is: "my tasks are perfectly arrange -- how do I decide what to do?". One solution to this that I am trying out is to sort tasks by their start times. All else being equal, I'll do the task that started first, first. To do this effectively, I have to give all tasks relevant start times. For tasks that don't have any other reason to have a start time, the most relevant start time is the time that the task was created.

And so, without further ado, my feature idea: default start date. In particular, the current date and time. When a task is created, the start date is automatically populated with the current date and time.

And/Or: the addition of a completely new column, creation time. The problem here is that it would mess up my sorting strategy described above, in cases where a task DID have a start date that wasn't its creation date.

Thoughts?