View Single Post
The problem I have with the Forecast view on the iPad is the lack of the ability to show flagged items. I've tried to get away from setting false due dates and only use actual hard due dates. As a result, only a minority of my tasks show up in Forecast. I've built a perspective of Due and Flagged, like many others use.

But such a perspective doesn't have the advantage of incorporating calendar items like Forecast does.

Has anyone tried setting the due date to today instead of flagging items during review? It goes against GTD dogma but would combine everything into Forecast view.

I suppose you could also use resetting the start date to today and those would show up in Forecast. But if you don't get them done today they will disappear tomorrow and you would have to be sure to catch them and change the start date again. That might be unreliable depending upon when those items would show up in daily review.

It seems that substituting artifically setting the due date to today instead of flagging would be the best solution. For items with a true due date, they would start showing up in Forecast in the Future slots and work their way to today. Stuff you find during review in the morning could be set for due today and would show up. If you don't get them done they would still show up as overdue and not be lost to follow up. And you could use Forecast as your primary work view with the added advantage of seeing your iCal events for the day.

Is there something I'm missing?