View Single Post
I'm no expert in the use of OF, but one thing that I've found to be incredibly useful is to setup a context called "Note". This context has a status of "on hold", so these items won't appear in any of my real context lists.

I use the "Note" context for all sorts of project-related notes, things that I know I'll need to know in order to complete the project, but which don't directly involve an action. Sometimes I'll just dump something in as a note, and then turn it into an action at my next review time once I've had a chance to think about it. But, for me, the ability to dump non-actions into a project so I can remember them and deal with them later has been fantastically useful.

Hope this helps...

- Erik.

PS: Because the "Notes" context has a status of on hold, I do have to be careful that a note doesn't make an entire project on hold. A few times, I've had to rearrange the actions within the project so that it has a real action at the top, or switch the project from serial to parallel. It'd be great if we could have a "non-action" status for a context, that acted like "on hold" but didn't stall the project. Just a thought...