View Single Post
Another feature of another forum that is essential ... I need some way of determining whether I've read a thread since my last login. In here, one of the times I logged in, the unread threads were in bold, but that went away without my reading those threads.

My usual way of looking at a forum ... scan the top level for the areas that have changed since I last visited (there's a bolder icon). Click on one I want to check out. This highlighting continues to levels until I get to the thread level. At the thread level, ones that have changed are marked and don't update until I actually look at the thread. If I look at only one thread, the outer bolds will dim, but the threads I haven't looked at will stay highlighted.

The nice thing about this is that I can drop by and check out a couple of threads and leave others for later. It makes the forum much more flexible.

But this forum software seems to not have that feature. I don't see any indication of what threads I have or haven't read. There was some indicator at some point, but it went away without my reading the threads.

And what's this "Title" for a reply? Shouldn't that be the thread title? Why isn't "Bringing the mailing list online" in that area ready to be modified if need be?