View Single Post
It's a simple idea and I don't understand WHY this feature hasn't been added by now in the most amazing graphic drawing application ever, my favorite, OmniGraffle.

As best I can guess, some key developer must be thinking that words are bad and you should just be able to tell one stencil item from another by glancing at the thumbnails in the stencil view. " If the thumbnail images are scaled just a bit larger maybe that will work..." WELL, IT DOESN'T.

Let's say, for example, that you have a stencil full of paragraph formats. You don't want to see a bunch of thumbnails with various scrawls. You want to see (hover, separate panel, whatever) "Body", "Comment", "Big Label", etc. Or let's say you have a UML symbol stencil. Many graphic elements look similar in thumbnail but are completely different. "Package - Doman", "Package - Subsystem", "Class - Local", "Class - Imported", etc.

But for some reason, possibly because it was easy to do - the only reason I can think of, there is a panel in Stencil view that tells us whether the current item is a GROUP or a RECTANGLE. Completely useless information. Seriously, guys...

My humble request then, is 1) make it possible to NAME your stencil items and 2) show that name for the selected item instead of RECTANGLE / GROUP.

What, am I the only person that wants this? ;)