View Single Post
The Due View is nice, and does in fact hide the Due Soon items, but it also hides everything else, so looking for "What can I do right now in this context?" is never really answered. Either I'm not seeing the "As soon as possible" tasks with no due date, or I'm also seeing "Due Soon" tasks that I really can't act on again until tomorrow.

Lucas's suggestion seems to be pretty good, though. If I set both the due date and the start date on the item, when I check it off it immediately moves to Due Soon, but also gets displayed as Blocked. I've set Blocked items to display in a very light gray, so this makes them a lot easier to ignore.

That's a reasonable workaround. I would still assert that a true GTD implementation would hide what I can't do right now when I'm in a Context view ("do" mode). I shouldn't have to parse the items to see which I can do based on due or soon. "As soon as possible" items still show up, and should be enough to let me get a head start on something if I need to. The Due Soon highlights are invaluable for planning mode, though, where the orange highlight alerts me that I should be preparing.