View Single Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but nobody is entitled to disrespect anyone in this forum in my book.

Look, everyone has a different opinion as to how much the program is worth, and we can definitely voice how things are more expensive than we think it should be, but the company has the right to set the price as they see fit, and if we think they are trying to "rob" the buyers (btw, I think $40 is more than reasonable in this case), then we don't have to buy the product, and eventually the company will lower the cost (or go out of business).

At this instant, I don't think Omni is going to lower the price, and if Omni can manage their support better and lower other overhead costs by selling fewer copies at a "premium" price, then so be it. Apple charges a premium price on many of their products as well. Why do people buy premium cars, go to fancy restaurants, etc? Surely, these companies or establishments can attract more customers if they lower the price, but is that wise?

There are many programs that I bought at App Store for .99, 1.99, or 2.99, but they just sit in my iPhone or iPad and gets used only rarely. If I add them up, they would come out to be greater than $40.00. I know OF for iPad will be used every day, and even if I only use it for a year continuously, it would cost about 11 cents per day. I think I can afford to save 11 cents a day for a year to use the program.

Of course, each of us has to decide whether the program is worth the price if is offered at, and nobody should be telling anyone whether it's too much or too low for them.

Just my 2 cents.