View Single Post
I have greatly appreciated your help, suggestions, and code; and I would be disappointed to see this disappear. OTOH, my experience suggests, absent a disclaimer on distribution permissions, the rule now-a-days seems to be ... whatever gets posted on the Web is treated as belonging to anyone who takes it, with full rights to use it further as their own. I am not saying that I agree with or support this trend, just that it is the growing reality.

The decision on how to proceed in this light is certainly a tough one. As someone who has also seen my own freely-distributed work "repackaged" in other places, I empathize with you. In the end, I have taken to putting copyright stamps and disclaimers on documents that I post openly on the Web, at least as a heads-up. Beyond that, I do not openly post what otherwise should be respected as significant effort.

And ultimately, a concise statement to the effect ... "Tell me what the bugs were and I'll send you the fixed code back." can go a long way too.

--
JJW