View Single Post
I'm kind of dismayed at the responses I see when searching for CalDAV search. It's been requested for a while, but the responses have been "Tiger doesn't support CalDAV", "Apple didn't add iCal support to Sync Services, so we can't do anything about it," or "Apple will be fixing SyncServices soon, so we don't have to do anything about it."

CalDAV is a standard. These responses to a popular user request come across as passing the buck or saying "It's not *my* fault it doesn't work."

It's not important whether Apple messed up, or whose fault it is. What is important is that the customers of the product have been requesting a feature. And a feature that employs a public standard, at that. You don't need to wait until Apple implements it in the SyncServices API, you need to provide a method to sync with a CalDAV source, independent of what SyncServices is doing.

If you provide, for instance, a method to sync using CalDAV, people who never use iCal but use tools such as Zimbra or Google Calendar as their calendar client can take advantage of this program.

In that mode, it doesn't even matter what Mac OS 10.4 supports for iCal.

I'm just saying, instead of passing the blame as to why it doesn't work or isn't supported, you could have said "We're going to try to get this implemented as soon as possible. Instead, you've missed an opportunity to make a lot of users happy.

I bought this program last year, but stopped using it. And I forgot why I stopped using it, until just now when I was setting it up -- none of my calendars are local to my machine. So I can't in any way use this with my calendars. And that's a shame.