View Single Post
Hello,

I'm just starting to use OmniPlan (as my first foray into project management tools). Could someone please clue me in on the following:

1) is it possible to have more space vertically, in both the Task list and the associated Gantt chart - I just want more empty vertical space between the lines. Can that be done?

2) how does the inheritance of dependence work - I've got a task and a bunch of indented sub-tasks below it. The indented subtasks don't seem to know that they depend on the same thing their parent task depends on.

3) does the order of the tasks (automatic numbering for the lines in the Task list) mean anything?

4) is there any way to import from Omnifocus to Omnioutliner? Or store information with a task or at least a link to an Omnifocus description of that task? Where do you put the info (say, you have a paragraph of details about that task) for a given task - can you associate data/text/attachments with tasks?

5) how do I link tasks that have subtasks? I can't seem to drag one task (group) into the pre-requisite/dependency fields in the inspector of another. When I click one, I can't drag the other (it treats that as a click and changes focus). Is that normal - should I not be able to link tasks that are groups?

6) is it possible to set a date for a milestone (as in, we need this milestone to be accomplished by a certain date)?

thank you!

Mike Levin

Last edited by mlevin777; 2010-11-18 at 08:28 AM..