View Single Post
Thanks again, Brian. I actually found the script last night and have been using it successfully. Yea!

Just to add my .02 To why i think OF needs this feature. I MUST have EVERYTHING associated with a project documented in one place so that months or years after completion, I can easily review it at a later time. You've probably been through countless similar examples but here goes. Lets say i have a simple project titled get the house painted. And the actions were....

1 Call painter and schedule meeting time.
2 Meet the painter at the house(during scheduled time)
3 Wait for painters bid
4 Review bid and decide if im going to use the painter
5 Call the painter and schedule to to have it painted...
etc.....

So using the current logic of OF, I would put #2 on the calendar and not as an action in OF. I want it in both because I need to see on the calendar that I have an appointment to meet the painter at a certain time and I want it in OF because if 5 years from now I am having the house painted again and I want to go back and review the project from last time, i am going to want to see everything that the project involved.

CC Things allows me to mark an action as scheduled and then enter when its scheduled for. All scheduled items drop off the list when reviewing because they are not actionable until the time they are scheduled for, similar to On Hold. I would like to see a similar item in OF. Maybe its more complex than this but I would think you could add a "scheduled" option to the inspector that would set the item aside similar to the way On Hold works and a pop up would say "would you like to add this action as an event to iCal?". The only difference between On Hold items and Scheduled items would be that items marked scheduled MUST have a start time and OF would automatically change status from Scheduled to Active at start time or x number of days, hours, or minutes before start time.

Anyway, just my .02. I will say that this feature is not a deal breaker for me but I am really glad that i found the script you wrote. Not quite what i would like but it helps tremendously.