View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I think you might be overlooking something here, as the above is not accurate. Editing notes in DEVONthink To Go that are sync'ed with DEVONthink works very well-not sure why that is not working for you.
Greg, you are correct with a small exception. You can edit plain text notes on DTTG that have been sync'ed with DT, but not rich text notes. There is a small bug in DTTG that if you move a sync'ed text note in DT from one folder into another it will not show up on DTTG unless you convert it into a rich text note. Once you do that it is no longer editable.

I have a habit of taking notes quickly and just saving them in my Global Inbox. Then at the end of the day I go home and do a sync. This then works as a reminder that I need to go into each note and review it so that I can make any corrections or add anything that I may have left out before I "move" it to the correct folder. This habit works well for me but unfortunately once I move the note I must also change it to rich text so that it will show up on my iPad in DTTG. I asked about this in the DTTG forum which is where I was told that it was a minor bug and would be fixed soon.

Thank you for pointing this out, I know it has been only a little while since DTTG has been out (week?) but I have gotten so used to how I have been doing it that I just took it as the norm for now. But, if you start a text note in it's proper folder and never move it then yes, you can continue to edit it as long as you keep it as a text note. I will edit my previous post. Thanks.

Last edited by atreinke; 2010-11-07 at 04:04 AM..