View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterpt View Post
Thank you,
I diabled MobileMe syncing form inside OmniFocus yesterday and it hasn't started up on it's own yet (not enough time to tell).
Actually, there is -- the syncing is done by OmniFocus, and you can change the files on the MobileMe server as much as you like with OmniFocus not running without causing it to launch, because there is no mechanism there to see the changes, to put it simply. The sync mechanism only runs when you have OmniFocus running already.
Quote:

I just removed the dashboard widget. I'll try to see which one is responsible...
I don't have anything else set up with it so it has to be one of these 2.
You can also get OmniFocus to start up by running an Applescript that mentions it, or double-clicking one of its data files, or a perspective file, or a theme file, to name a few things that come to mind. A bit more unlikely, but not impossible, is that you've somehow managed to get some other file or file type set to be opened with OmniFocus, which would cause it to launch when opening the file(s).

One thing I observed in a past life doing computer support was that people often do things without being aware that they have done so (especially, but not limited to, people who were not first and foremost "computer people"). Sometimes they even become quite hostile when this is demonstrated by looking at history logs and the like :-)

Quote:
Omnifocus on the Mac, starts up with login. But if I quit, it starts up later by itself in hidden mode.
Can you be a bit more specific about exactly what you mean by "quit" and "starts up later in hidden mode"? That sounds suspiciously similar to what would happen if you "quit" by closing the OmniFocus document window by clicking the red close button (which doesn't quit the application at all, thus leaving it running for you to "discover" it running in "hidden mode" later).

Can you boot your computer before going to bed, quit OmniFocus (and verify with Activity Monitor that OmniFocus is no longer running), set the Energy Saver preferences so the computer will not go to sleep, and come back hours later to find OmniFocus running again?