View Single Post
I created a Sync Folder yesterday. It has the correct icon and everything.

Today, when I launch OmniPresence on my Mac, it forces me to start all over again. I click on "Create a Sync Folder" (my only choice), point it to the folder I set up yesterday (and which I'm using for my Omni Sync Server), and I get the error:

You don’t have permission to save the file “OmniPresence” in the folder “OmniPresence”.

Does anyone understand this?

Also: from reading the instructions about OmniOutliner, I get the impression that this isn't true sync, that I have to "import" and "export" on my iPad in order to push and get outlines that are on my Mac:
Launch OmniOutliner for iPad. Tap the Import button in the upper left of the screen; it looks like an arrow pointing downwards into an inbox or tray.

Choose “Copy from WebDAV” from the popover that appears.

Enter https://sync.omnigroup.com/YOURACCOUNT/ into the “Address” field (again, including the trailing “/”); enter your account name and password into the appropriate fields, as well.

Tap the blue “Sign In” button in the upper right.

At this point, a window will appear listing the files stored in your sync server account. You can select any of the files to copy them to your iPad. Once you have a file you want to send back up to the server, you can do so with the following steps:

Select the document in the document picker.

Tap the Sharing button in the upper left of the screen, then select “Export” from the popover that appears.

Tap “Export to WebDAV”, then choose the format to export the document to on the next page.
So is it true that with OmniOutliner, we still have to import and export, even if we do get an Omni Sync Server account set up on the web, get the server set up on the Mac, log into it after every reboot (which I have to do), and even find a way to get the OmniPresence software running on a Mac (which I haven't been able to do yet)?

Thanks for any help.