View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b86dog View Post
I Have just started playing with omnifocus, and can't get it sync with ical at all. I have set the preferences in OF (ie checking the allow blocked items) according to the posts in this forum, disabled all syncing to .mac, and tried resetting syncing both thru isync, and then later thru the terminal....
Have you assigned contexts to specific iCal calendars? If yes, skip to 4. If not, step by step:
1. In "OF Preferences/Sync" all of your iCal calendars should appear in the left box. The top entry in this window is the default assignment "(Unsynchronized)".
2. Selecting that should show you all of your contexts in the right box (either OF defaults, or revised contexts as you've defined them).
3. Drag each context on the right to the appropriate iCal calendar on the left. This will determine the specific calendar in iCal in which To-Do items are listed. [The outstanding issue (to my view) is what happens to new tasks created in iCal/Mail (or other programs that feed the sync pipe from that end). If they're assigned to an iCal calendar that has no contexts attached to it, they will not appear in the OF inbox. If you assign them to an iCal calendar that does have a context associated with it, they will appear in the inbox with that context assigned. If you have multiple contexts assigned to the calendar, they will appear in the first one. (Nice feature I just discovered: If you append "[Project name]" (with brackets but not quotes) to title of task created in mail or ical and OF will pre-assign the right task and file it for you. Good if you have short, easily remembered project titles.
4. If you have already assigned contexts, check the integrity of that assignment by clicking on the assigned iCal calendar. The assigned contexts should reappear in the right window. If they don't (this has happened to me twice), click reset in the lower left to put all contexts back in the (Unsynchronized) box and start over.

Hope this helps.