View Single Post
My primary machine is the MacBook Pro, and I use it both at home and at work. In the iPhone only days, I used OF in my MacBook 90% of the time, and OF in iPhone about 10% of the time to capture my ideas/thoughts/tasks while on the move and occasionally browsing for the task. I think this has been true for other iPhone programs as well.

However, the iPad has been a game changer for me. Now I split 50/50 on my Mac and iPad (for some days, even more - yesterday, I used iPad 90% of the time). For my task management, I now use iPad 90% of the time, and use Mac about 10%. So, my need for the native OF version has gone up considerably.

For most of the readings I used to do in my computer, I now use the iPad, and any short note-taking, taking notes in meetings, etc. etc., iPad is my device of choice. So, the only time I'm using my MacBook Pro is when I'm doing heavy lifting. Even some heavy typing sessions, I'm using my iPad with the Apple wireless keyboard, and that combination has worked well given how less distracted I'm from "multi-tasking." So, here is one case where the lack of multi-tasking in iPad is a blessing.

All in all, I think the iPad is a game changer, and for one, I would have preferred having a version of OF in my iPad even if the only change has been scaling up the program to a native iPad resolution.