View Single Post
Hi Brian and Omni.

I've read through this thread, and I'd love you to work on a link specifically between OmniFocus and Reminders (for OS 10.8+ / iOS 5.x+).

Also, I would absolutely love it to be based on a single tag or check box available for every task and repeating task in my OF database; not as a specific synced context (though that would be a workable alternative).

Why?

1. My preferred task management system is, unsurprisingly, OF. My workflow is a combination of long term (yearly, bimonthly) reviews and weekly reviews on my iMac, coupled with InBox task entry on iPhone and iPad. I'll often check projects and look at different perspectives - including the wonderful Forecast - on the iPhone and iPad, and do quite a bit of checking off tasks as I go. But the bulk of the heavy organisational work is done on the desktop.

2. The Reminders app is so elegant on the phone in particular. I've split my database of recurring tasks a little bit, so that some just pop up as reminders on my phone, including a piece of music that catches my attention and tells me to stop what I'm doing and get focused. I also use Siri sometimes to enter data quickly into Reminders. So I'm using both OmniFocus and Reminders (and of course iCal) with success, but it could be better and more seamless.

My preferred, ideal future set up would allow me to do all of my weekly workflow management on my iMac in OmniFocus, including maintaining all my routine / repeating tasks there, and allowing me to simply check the tasks that I'd like to appear in Reminders (not have to make them all a particular context), and that would be it; everything else would happen in the background. (Anything that I'd checked would simply alert me at its start time in Reminders in my phone, and when I'd done it, I'd check it, and it would be checked off automatically in OF too.)

I'm not sure it can be done of course, but I'd love it if you could...

That's my preference / request, and thanks for your consideration.