View Single Post
Omni sell great products and that's reflected in the price. However, folks who blithely ascertain it's $10 or $20 more really don't calculate the cost of ownership, or I should say use.

For OF to be effective in a workflow it must be available on all devices you use. At the moment the cost is £13.99 just for the iphone. The iPad version will be more expensive as will the mac version.

The unfortunate thing for omni is that they're releasing a whole lot of upgrades at the same time. I use a number of omni's products and OO is £20.99 just for the ipad more for the Mac, OP is £39.99 for the ipad. This is not a small amount. I appreciate they are different products, but in a recession folks are budgeting more tightly and when all these costs come at once you are bound to re-evaluate the cost.

In re-evaluating I'm simply not continuing to use Omni products as the cost in comparison to similar apps is simply too high and above what I want to spend.

This is no dig at omni, but if folks don't tell them why they not buying the new products that's no help to them either and it does seem that quite a few people are not buying the new versions due to cost.