View Single Post
So I have my main OmniFocus database and sync database on my Mac Mini, and I have OmniFocus on a MacBook G3 too, and those two sync fine; but I can't get the iPhone to sync. It did sync at first, and it has synced once recently, but now it won't. I follow the instructions; I get the settings from the server using Bonjour, and it says "sync in progress," but it just times out.

I have reinstalled the app on the iPhone. I have rebuilt the database on the Mini. I have moved old data to the archive. I have repaired permissions on the Mac Mini. I have restarted my local wireless router.

What else should I try? Maybe the main database is just too large ...

It's funny -- I bought the iPhone just for this app, so I could use OmniFocus out in the world. And in fact, OmniFocus on the desktop and laptop has really improved my productivity and reliability. By the same token, the iPhone has changed our lives -- me, my wife, and my son -- we all got one at the same time and it's a real productivity tool as well as improving our quality of life in other ways. But the OmniFocus part of the iPhone has been a bust for me personally, because I can't make it sync. I just messed with it for an hour just now ... wish I could get it to sync. I am back to, like, making checklists on index cards to carry with me (hipster PDA). I am totally getting results from GTD ... seriously, two weeks of it reaped me like a couple thousand dollars worth of value (long story). But I may want to just bag this iPhone OmniFocus app pretty soon, because it is eating my time up.

The troubleshooting guide seems incomplete and out of date. Anyone got any troubleshooting steps I could try?