View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
For me, it only makes sense to put everything in OmniFocus. So when I have an actionable item, I add the item to OF using the OmniFocus>Send to inbox service with a keyboard shortcut. Then I file the message (using a Mail Act-On shortcut) to one of two places: a Short-term archive folder for things I may need to reference soon but are safe to delete after 6 mos. or so; or a Long-term archive that I keep forever. This is part of a twice daily email-inbox-to-zero routine.

The OF item created this way puts an "original message" link into the notes field, and, handily, that link works even with these messages that are filed away.

Edit: my process assumes Mail.app, which I know you aren't using, but hopefully some of it is helpful nonetheless.
Craig,

My approach is similar to yours, but I’d like to send Mail Messages to the OF inbox via a Mail Act-On rule. I’m not sure how to do that. I tried to use your script, Add OmniFocus Action.scpt, from 2007, but it won’t work anymore. If I could simply reference the Send to Inbox service somehow (applescript?), I think I’d be all set, but so far being able to do so has eluded me. I want to be able to create an action from an email that is qualified by a Mail Act-On test, as would happen if I selected Mail -> Services -> OmniFocus: Send to Inbox.

Thanks!