View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady
I don't care whether you call them action groups or subprojects, they lack some important project-like functionality.
I understand—but it's not just a matter of not calling them subprojects; it's that we haven't implemented subprojects (and aren't trying to), which is why you can't do all the things you're talking about doing (such as assigning inbox items to subprojects or indicating each subproject's next actions).

Rather than trying to treat action groups as individual subprojects, my suggestion is to make each of your subprojects a separate project (possibly grouped in a folder if several are related); I think you'll find that eliminates most of the problems you're currently encountering while trying to treat action groups as subprojects. (Instead, I'm guessing you'll have some feedback for us about folders and dependencies between projects.)

Quote:
3. You can't put a subproject on hold.
If you create a separate project for your subprojects this won't be an issue, but I thought I'd also point out that you can effectively put individual actions (and action groups) on hold by setting their start date to some date in the future.

Quote:
4. Subprojects/actiongroups are not checked as complete when their tasks are completed AND they don't show up in context for you to check them complete.
We're planning to fix this: we agree that they should action groups should either show up in context view when their children are complete (but in what context, since they don't truly have one of their own?) or they shouldn't block the project (either by automatically marking them complete, or perhaps by just skipping past them so you still have the opportunity to decide whether they're really complete the next time you review your project).