View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Ye of little faith....which Omni products have delivered all of their features in 1.0, or 2.0, or 3.0, or 4.0, or 5.0, and provided nothing more than bug fixes until the next major release?
Of course they will add some features between major releases. It's been over four years of 'what features would you like to see' and 'how you you like us to implement ...'. Faith wanes after years of promise.
Quote:
And with Ken stating that they've already laid the groundwork for supporting these features in the outlining engine, it becomes much more feasible to introduce them part way through 4.x than if all related changes had been yanked out of the 4.0 code base.
Just because the foundation is in place doesn't mean the features are imminent. OG has been asking about what users would like to see in OO/OOP 4 for a long time, but that doesn't mean they will, or even plan to, deliver them.

Quote:
Now, how you know that "most" were hoping for these features based on the responses in a thread devoted to asking what form those who would like these features would like to see, I'm not quite sure...talk about self-selection bias!
Read the posts in this forum for the last four - five years and you'll see that it's the most requested feature for OO/OOP. The example sited was to demonstrate how long OG has been specifically asking users about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
I second whp's call for patience. A careful reading of OG's statement suggests that while cloning won't make 4.0, it's not unreasonable to believe it will be in an early upgrade.
Well, a careful reading of Ken's comments shows that OG hasn't committed to cloning at all - they find it interesting but have decided that iPad development is more important. With OP 2 a top priority, and other apps being ported to the iPad, I don't expect cloning will see the light of day until 2011 at the earliest.