View Single Post
I understand your dilemma about due dates -- I have many ongoing projects that need to be addressed on a daily basis (sometimes there are specific actions that need to be taken, and other times I just need to do them for a few hours -- such as practicing my instrument, etc) and then there are a series of things that are hard and fast due dates.

With the inbetween stuff - I divide it at the beginning of the projects list in the sidebar into "Upcoming/urgent projects", "ongoing (long term) projects" and "backburner projects" -- these each have folders and are separated from the actual list of projects by type. Each of these projects within any of the three categories, of course, also has a place in my life, and so it appears it two places -- a dummy project appears in one of the three lists if it applies, and then I put a link to where all the info for the project resides in my actual database. That way I have an easy way to see what needs to be done every day, and if I want to see the actions that have to be taken, I can click on the link and go to the actual project.

I realize this is not exactly what you were asking for, and I agree that it would be nice to have a system where there are serious due dates for stuff that is really due, and then a different kind of due date for stuff that would be nice to get accomplished on that day, or stuff that needs to be done over the period of the next week, so it would just appear every day for a week, etc. Other people have mentioned this on the forums too, so I'm hoping OF will figure out a way to do something like this....