Thread: Calendar view?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
My only solution to that is frequent reviewing, which gives me a good sense of how I'm doing on projects that do have deadlines, and how much progress I am making on those I want to get done but don't have deadlines. If I have a handle on both, or if I can postpone something else without too much regret, then I feel I can take on a new project with a deadline.

Frequent reviews also show me those things that I think I want to get done in the abstract but always find excuses not to do when I look over my context lists. And they make it more likely that I will make a serendipitous discovery. When I run across something related to one of my projects, I'm more likely to note and capture it because the reviews help trigger recognition.
I'd agree with this, and add that it can be your litmus test. If you have too many projects that they would be overwhelming to review regularly, than you probably have too many projects to take on anything new :)

things to consider to make this easier.

Put projects that are on hold, on hold.

Decrease the review frequency setting of projects that are background/time available.

(PS My own review routine is far from perfect, I need to do it with more discipline)

-P
-P