View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I believe I'm the author of the script he's attempting to modify. It is posted in this thread: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=12955 and the code for grabbing the list of stuff to process is essentially identical to the usual construction of your scripts, I think. It relies on the user having already selected something in the sidebar, and that's the part that the OP wants to script.
That's exactly right. My apologies for insufficient explicitness.

The problem I'm trying to solve is this. (Re-reading whpalmer's link, I realize it's similar or identical to the situation user AmberV describes in the post immediately following the script in that thread.) I have my planning set up as areas-of-responsibility folders, each of which has projects and a "singletons" SAL. I also have an automator workflow that takes me step-by-step through my weekly review. It is mostly just confirmation boxes instructing me on each step, and simple applescripts that open iCal, appropriate OF perspectives, and so on.

One of the main steps in my weekly review is to review all my projects of course. To do that by hand I've found I can select all in the sidebar and run whpalmer's script (actually a modified one which also deselects folders), then hit Focus. If I want I could save this as a perspective, but it's not that useful because by the next weekly review I may have added a project which will then fall through the cracks if I don't go through the script filtering again.

So all of that is not terribly inconvenient to do, but I would like to be able to have my automator workflow do it for me. Thus my questions in the original post of this thread.