View Single Post
I'm sort of with you on this...

Same story about the endless search but I've reached a slightly different conclusion...

I've decided that many tools just don't support the way my mind works. I've been beating myself up forever wondering why I couldn't just GTD - and that's way before David Allen. The truth is I just don't plan projects step by step like strict GTD demands. If you don't understand what I mean it's a little like expecting an artist to describe for you step by step how he/she creates their art. I'm no artist but I'd venture to guess my mind works like one. Somehow things get done - maybe not when I want them to - but they get done.

I'm struggling with whether it makes sense to invest so much time and energy in a tool that demands I think strictly linearly - something I've never really done - or just stick with what I know (pencil & paper?). OF seems to offer one of the best digital GTD solutions but will it work for me??? I'm going to give it a try but from now on tools need to adapt to me not the other way around...