View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
I have no idea what you mean by this. Do you mean that syncing once or twice a day is "not enough"? That I should be running both platforms simultaneously, running my iPhone battery down, so that both platforms can sync every 5 minutes or so?
The compaction code runs when all the clients are synced up at time T1 and again and time T2, where T2 is at least an hour later than T1. The 1 hour gap is to guard against the possibility that there is a client doing a very slow sync, still in progress. Once all of the clients are current, all the transactions that took place before that time can be consolidated into one file instead of having many small files with a handful of transactions each. If you've only got the one phone and the one desktop client, then syncing them both at the same time once a day ought to keep your file from expanding unnecessarily and that in turn will help your sync performance. With three or more clients, it can be a bit trickier to get the compaction process to happen, but with just two, and the answers you gave, I don't have an obvious candidate to explain why you aren't seeing the compaction. Maybe that is a red herring. If you select the Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus file in the Finder and control-click to get the pop-up menu, and then select Show Package Contents, how many files does it list?