View Single Post
I dunno about the web, but OW is crashing constantly on me too, pretty much ever since the 5.5.4 update.

A situation that almost always results in SBB: sometimes instead of clicking on my scrollbar, I miss, and I click just to the left of it (on a web page itself, generally a blank area that contains no text or graphics). Clicking and dragging (as if I were scrolling) on that area will frequently result in SBB.

A situation that almost always results in a crash: open several pages (each in a new tab) and before all have loaded, right-click on the bottom-most tab and select "Close Other Tabs."

I purchased an OW license because it was the fastest, most stable browser I'd seen. When I wipe my drive and reinstall my OS and all my apps, OW is still that browser. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long. By the time my apps have been reinstalled and I'm back to "normal" browser usage, OW is sluggish and crashes all the time. This is in spite of the steps I take to minimise my trouble with it: I flush the cache and clear the history after each browsing session (so at least 3-5 times a day) and I run Yasu daily.

I'm on a Mac Pro with 2GB RAM, running 10.4.9. I just hope that the next point release makes OW more stable on my system, because it really is my favourite browser.