View Single Post
I am using my iPhone as a portable office.

I am falling off the GTD wagon somewhat by a return to "living in my email in box"

I leave priority email messages (that are tasks) in my Mail inbox and spend all day working through those. That seems to be my daily bread. All I check OF these days are red due date priority tasks. This is not good GTD behavior :eek: and I am not pleased about the situation..

I would much prefer instead - to live in Omnifocus FULL TIME and only check Mail a few times per day.. Like a good GTD boy! :)

But I struggle with the concept of filing Mail items into Omnifocus while away from my office with my iPhone. :( I just tried the -- in the subject line trick with Mail rules (forwarding the email back to myself) . It did work - but I found no 'link to the original email link. Plus it left me now with TWO emails in my iPhone inbox. (should I forward to an email address my iPhone DOESNT pick up?)

What I want might not be possible. I use a laptop as my main computer, so it is not 'always on' - I wonder if that is a block to getting the Mail & OF rules working full time for me? (I would consider a Mac Mini if I need one to get this all working!)

Here is what I want to achieve:

On iPhone - using IMAP email synced with Mobile Me
Process email to OF inbox (how?)
Email (manually?) filed to IMAP storage folder "processed email"

When I get back to office
All processed email is already in IMAP storage folder "processed email"
All processed email is now in OF inbox

That way I could work from the OF main page to further process / action tasks and not be a slave to my Mail inbox..

Any ideas?

Can someone walk me though a way to do this?

Help me get out of my Mail inbox! :eek:

Many thanks in advance OF iPhone comrades!

P.S somehow I feel an "always on" Mac solution is in my future....! Am I getting warm?
PPS perhaps also using the exchange functionality of my IMAP email could make the Mail 'auto moving' work in a more instantaneous fashion? Update my iPhone quicker? Remove stuff from my inbox faster? Am I getting warm?

Last edited by Casper TFG; 2009-10-06 at 06:40 AM..