View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Levitt View Post
@Toadling: Interesting! How does it help your workflow? Do you use the Inbox action groups as a "staging area" for new projects, instead of filling in the Project field in Quick Entry?
I rarely enter project or context information in the Quick Entry window. If I've invoked the Quick Entry window, I'm usually in the middle of doing something else and just want to capture something before it escapes my all-too-forgetful mind. I then come back to it later in my inbox and sort things out there.

So yeah, I will sometimes "build" a project from the new actions sitting in my inbox, then clean up to send it to my sidebar. It always gets appended to the bottom of the sidebar list, so it's not hard to find and drag to a folder if necessary.

But you know, I'm not married to this workflow. I don't think I actually use it enough or feel strongly enough about it to really mind if it were changed. And I can certainly understand the desire to have the collection of actions either remain in the inbox or get moved to a project as an action group when you hit the clean up button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Levitt View Post
This isn't a project, of course, just a list of related ideas. So I don't want "clean up" to do anything. Is there a better way for me to enter these?
I like to make all my actions start with a verb. If a verb doesn't feel right, then I don't make it an actions. In this case, I'd probably make a single action with the color options in the action's note field:

- Decide on paint color for walls
Choose between red, yellow, green, or brown

That way it makes more sense to me when viewing context mode. Otherwise, I might see a lone action with nothing more to go on than this:

- Green

That doesn't tell me much if I don't immediately recall what it relates to.

-Dennis