View Single Post
Hi Boris,

Yes you're right of course, it is down to personal preferences. I don't like the additional step of hiding/showing the inspector (whether by keyboard or clicking). I just expect the info to appear when I need it, indicated by me clicking on an item. With the main window full screen, and shift>cmd>i, it always but always appears exactly where I don't want it to be - over the top of something I want to see. I can make the main window NOT full screen so the inspector appears to one side, but that's wasted space when I don't need to see anything in the inspector.

So ideally I wouldn't have the info bar appear all the time - it'd only appear when something was highlighted. In fact, that's one of the things I dislike about inspectors - the fact that even if nothing is selected, the damn thing hangs around making a nuisance of itself!!

I realise I'm probably arguing against standard OS-X interface design, but the fact is that plenty of other apps use (IMHO) better ways to show contextual info. Dare I say take a look at Things?

Mark

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-08-03 at 01:59 AM..